From hobby photographers to travel bloggers, and professionals, everyone loves to capture wonderful moments with a DSLR camera. While purchasing online, you will be puzzled with a plethora of DSLR camera brands. Which one to choose? Are they offering premium products? If you are unaware of brands and models, take a deep look into DSLR Camera Buying Guide that helps to make an informed choice.
1.Canon EOS 1500D 24.1 Digital SLR Camera
Specifications: Best DSLR Camera for Beginners
APS-C CMOS Sensor
100 to 6400 sensitivity range
EF and EF-S Lenses
3X optical zoom
Full HD Video Capture Resolution (1920*1080)
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and NFC Connectivity
- Canon EOS 1500D is an entry-level digital camera with a lightweight, and compact design. It is perfect for capturing portraits, night time pictures, and action scenes.
- The APS-C CMOS Sensor with 24.1 MP benefits image cropping and ISO sensitivity range of 100-6400 helps to take a picture in low-light conditions.
- Pair with smartphones through Wi-Fi, NFC, applications to transfer the data and even upload on social media platforms.
2.Nikon D3500 W/AF-P DX Nikkor DSLR Camera
Specifications: Best Travel DSLR Camera
3X optical zoom
100-25600 sensitivity range
Nikon F Mount Lens Type
16GB Memory Card
- Taking pictures with the Nikon D3500 camera is fun, interesting, and even improves your photography skills. It is highly-responsive, quick, and makes effortless for the first time users.
- The image processor has 11 auto-focus points to measure speed and accuracy while taking snaps.
- You don’t have to download and use editing software anymore. Nikon D3500 has come with 13 special effects for perfect shooting.
3.Sony Cybershot DSC-HX400V 20.4MP Digital Camera
Specifications: Best DSLR Camera Under 25000
2Inch Screen size
50X optical zoom
80-3200 sensitivity range
- Sony Cybershot comes with 50X optical zoom using the Zeiss lens, and a 20.4MP CMOS sensor delivers outstanding performance.
- Ergonomic gripping design, control buttons, and other features are carefully placed just like a professional camera.
- Captures Full HD (1920*1080) videos by featuring 100-25600 ISO sensitivity range, and 24.2MP resolution.
4.Canon EOS 1300D 18MP Digital SLR Camera
Specifications: Best for Professionals
20.1 Optical zoom
3Inches Screen Size
APS-C CMOS Type Sensor
Take top-quality photos and full HD movies using Canon EOS 1300D 18MP camera. It is possible to establish strong communication with Smartphones via Wi-Fi, and NFC connectivity. Depending on your requirement, change the camera features with interchangeable lenses and other accessories.
5.Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H300/BC E32 Point & Shoot Digital Camera
Specifications: Best for Photography
45X Optical Zoom
Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
3Inches Screen Size
DIGIC 4 Processor with 9 Focus Points
- Now take crystal-clear pictures without using a tripod through Sony Cybershot. The 35X optical zoom lets you shoot with blur-free precision, and wide-angles.
- When you click on the shutter button, sweep the camera in the desired direction, it will take continuous shots at high-speed, creating a panoramic image.
6.Nikon D5600 with AF-P 18-55 mm + AF-P 70-300 mm VR Kit
Specifications: Best Battery DSLR Camera
16.67X Optical zoom
- Sharpen your photography skills with the Nikon D5600 model. It features 24.2MP, 100-25600 ISO sensitivity range, 39 auto-focus points, time-lapse, and perfect shots in low-light conditions.
- The lightweight and portable option make it easy to carry while flying to tourist places. And the long-lasting battery can take 970 shots per single charge, making it travel-friendly.
7.Canon PowerShot SX430B 20MP Digital Camera
Specifications: Best Budget DSLR Camera
45X Optical Zoom
Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
Canon PowerShot SX430B is the final model in the list with outstanding features like 20MP resolution, 45X optical zoom, intelligent sensor, Wi-Fi, and NFC connectivity. On the other hand, it comes with a warranty for 2years without compromising on the quality.
DSLR Camera Buying Guide – How to Pick a DSLR Camera?
DSLR – Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera
Types of Camera Lenses
The first and foremost thing you need to analyze while buying a camera is the lens. Camera lens comes in different sizes, shapes to match with both personal and professional needs. The bitter truth is lenses are expensive, so you should wisely choose the type that fits your vision. Here are few of its models –
- Standard lens
- Macro lens
- Wide-angle lens
- Telephoto lens
The standard lens comes in a lightweight design to deliver sharp images, even in low-light conditions. They have a focal length of 50mm that is great for capturing interior, landscape, and portrait photography modes.
A macro lens is used to capture the close-up shots like water drops on leaves, insect’s eyes, jewelry, and a lot more items. Moreover, the lenses are beautifully crafted to give a good amount of sharpness and contrast in photographs. You can even zoom the picture 5X times to its actual size.
A wide-angle lens has a short focal length with a great angle of view to capture the lively moments. These versatile wide-angle lenses are available in 14mm, 20mm, 21mm, 24mm, 28mm, 35mm focal lengths at affordable prices to get what you want in photography. It is mostly preferred by landscape photographers who tend to get full-scene in a single frame.
Telephoto lens does not have a fixed focal length, and hence, they are best to capture nature, sports, planets, stars, wildlife, and much more. By placing a DSLR camera in a fixed (stationary) position, you can take a snap of favorite locations with a shallow depth of field (blur in the background).
An image sensor is used in digital cameras to convert light received on the device into a digital image. Generally, the cameras are equipped with an APS-C sensor, full-frame, and 4/3rd sensor to enhance the picture quality through color gradations. Adding up, it gives full freedom for photographers to adjust the lens – zoom in/out options while taking snapshots.
ISO sensitivity is defined as a measure of the ability to capture light through cameras and then converts to electric signals for processing the image. With the aperture left unchanged, ISO sensitivity is raised from ISO-100 to ISO-200, ISO-200 to ISO-400 to achieve greater shutter speed and thereby reduces the blurring. A photographer can manually set the ISO sensitivity or done automatically by the camera.
The focal length is defined as how far camera lens can zoom-in to take wedding, nature, sceneries, family photos, etc. Most of the devices have a 28-35mm range of focal length for wide-angle photography in tight spaces.
A megapixel is a graphic resolution unit equivalent to 1million pixels. All camera brands run after megapixel to beat the cut-throat competition. Moreover, people tend to have high-megapixel cameras to attain better picture quality. It is because a 12MP blurred image looks worse than the 6MP sharp image. Hence, it is advised to go with high-pixel cameras available in the market.
Although we have mentioned pricing in the last, it is equally important to other factors in the buying guide. If you are on a tight budget, it’s better to go with entry-level kits that best meet your photography requirements. Otherwise, go with expensive models provided in the list.