Snapdeal revamped its entire online retail image last week. In light of its bold new brand identity, Unbox Zindigi, the etailer informed online sellers via email that it will be changing its packaging material as well.
What about stocks of old packaging already purchased?
In its email, Snapdeal acknowledged doubts most sellers may have about the new packaging introduction.
The etailer said, “We realize that you may have existing stock of packaging polybags with our previous brand identity. Hence, we are shipping new packaging polybags to you at zero additional cost.”
Snapdeal also told online sellers it has reviewed it has reviewed their order fulfillment and packaging material order history and estimated their existing stock of polybags. Accordingly, the new count of new polybags will be shipped. Sellers can check the number of new polybags they will receive here. To check enter your seller code.
What if the estimates are less than stock of old packaging?
Sellers can collect additional packaging free of cost before the 28th of September.
The online marketplace mentioned, “If your existing stock exceeds our estimated number, you can replace the remaining polybags for new ones free of cost at one of our warehouses before 28 September, 2016.”
The following warehouses offer this facility:
Sellers must bear these points in mind
Snapdeal told online sellers in its email update that:
- Snapdeal’s courier partners will not accept orders packed in the old packaging material after:
- 28th September 2016 across all cities
- 6th October 2016 across the Northeastern region
- Timely orders must be placed for additional packaging polybags, to avoid a last minute rush during the festive season
- Snapdeal will pickup the remaining stock of old packaging material from sellers by 28th September 2016
- Polybags will be delivered before the estimated timeline if possible
- In case of issues regarding the new polybags, sellers can write to Snapdeal at email@example.com before 7th October