eBay announced revisions to its policy for the kind of photo images that are allowed on the ebay marketplace in the Jewellery category. Below is an excerpt from the post announcing the new rules.
Effective 15th January 2014, we will be mandating the below guidelines which needs to be complied with for all Jewellery listings, else they will fail to relist.
Only white backdrop that matches the eBay page color (without any props) must be used. Black backdrop may be used only in case of white metal or pearl/white stone studded Jewellery.Above guideline does not allow images having:
- Props holding the Jewellery
- Tags stuck on Jewellery
- Textured backdrop such as thermocol, natural leaf, colored fabric, etc.
- Images showing Jewellery placed on hand or skin (non-mannequin/model shoot) are not allowed.
- Water marks which cover significant portion of the image are not allowed.
- Blurred images / shadows / reflection are not allowed.
- Image not showing the complete product (cut at the corners), especially in case of necklaces, chains, bracelets are not allowed. In case the product is large, you should upload an alternate image showing the entire product as well.
The complete image guidelines are available in this Jewellery Picture Policy Guidelines Document.
Mandatory guidelines are highlighted in yellow.