Ecommerce global giant, Amazon recently launched its first fulfilment centre in West Bengal to serve the whole of the Eastern region of the country and in the process be able to deliver a more efficient service to buyers and sellers in the vicinity.
Plenty of space
- The new warehouse is measuring over 83,000 square feet
- It has a storage capacity of over two lakh cubic feet
- Over 100 sellers from across the country have already registered at the facility
Amazon’s current footprint in India
- Amazon.in now has 21 Fulfilment Centres across India
- The warehouses are based in ten different states
- The warehouses total a storage capacity of over five million cubic feet
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service gathering pace
The new fulfilment centre will also enhance Amazon’s other services which facilitate payment and logistic solutions. These have recently been extended to small and medium sized businesses, to help them scale up their operations and focus on their core competence.
“The new facility will allow us to offer Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) service to thousands of small and medium entrepreneurs in the region and help them gain access to customers across the country,” Amazon India director operations Akhil Saxena said.
“Through the FBA service we give more selections (products) to the customers. The FBA model helps sellers to reduce the price by improving efficiency. And customers get faster delivery of products,” a senior company official said.