Are you a seller on eBay India who feels that there is a good chance that your products can sell internationally? Well then, you need to start selling your products on eBay’s international site. We understand that the procedure to set up shop on the International site is a tedious affair. To make your life simpler, we are giving you a step-by-step way to list your products on eBay’s global sites (.com, .co.uk, etc.).
Here’s how to go about it:
1. Indian sellers need to have a PayPal account. PayPal is a popular digital payment system which is used by marketplaces all over the world. It simplifies the whole process of payments. However, in India, PayPal users have restrictions. You can read more about this here.
2. After you have created your PayPal account, you need to link it to your bank account. The above link also has information on how to go about doing this.
3. You can use your eBay india account to login to the .com (and .co.uk) site but we recommend that you open a new ebay.com account. We are saying this because feedback from your Indian customers would show up on your international product listings and the customer mindset varies in these countries compared to India. It is best to keep both your accounts separate.
4. After doing this, you will have to inform eBay India about this new account and wait for them to enable the account, failing which your account won’t be activated and thus your items won’t be listed.
5. You will then have to link the ebay.com account you have created to Paypal. After you have done this, your listings will be enabled.
6. When it comes to Shipping, you could choose eBay’s CBT shipment agreement or you could choose your own logistics partner. We would recommend that you go with the CBT shipping program if you are doing this for the first time.
7. The CBT shipment partner for eBay in India is Fedex. You can look up their delivery rates by going to this link. By agreeing to the CBT shipping program, you will have to pay for shipping to eBay’s facilities. Like we mentioned earlier, you are free to use your courier services if it makes financial sense to you.
8. Once all this has been done, you can start listing and selling your products on eBay.com. However, the number of products that you can list will be limited to 10.
9. To remove this restriction, you will need to send some verification papers over to eBay. Documents required are:
1. Address proof
2. ID proof
3. Purchase bill (This is needed in order to prove that you own your products).
This is a one time verification.
10. After you have done this and it reflects in eBay’s system, your listing limit will increase to 150 items. If you want to sell more items, you will have to get in touch with eBay India to increase the listing limit.
11. Here is the breakdown of the fees that you will be charged will selling your products on eBay’s international site:
a. ~10% eBay Final Value Fee
b. 4.5% PayPal transaction fee
c. $0.3 or Rs. 15 as Listing Fee
d. Shipping cost > Rs.500
That’s it. Follow all the steps and you could go ahead and sell your products to global customers. We hope you found this information useful. If you have done this before, do let us know how your experience has been in the comments.