Multiple purchases are a great way to push your sales graphs. And, if you have loyal customers, encouraging multiple sales is a cake walk. Loyal customers are the best kind of online shoppers. They can be converted into bulk buyers, which mean more sales for you. But, the big question is:
‘How do you get loyal customers?’
It is complicated to answer because there are many types of online shoppers. But fret not because we have compiled 3 effective methods to help you collect devoted buyers who will keep coming back to you.
Make an irresistible offer
The best way to get multiple purchases is by making an offer shoppers cannot refuse. Marketplaces like Amazon encourage and give you multiple options when creating promotional offers using their self-service tools like “lightning deals”.
So, you have the option to:
- Set up free shipping/ buy one get one free/ money off promotions based on product units purchased from you (For example, Get 20% off on purchase of 2 units)
- Select the SKUs, specific categories or all of your listings that you want to promote in the above ways
- Pre-set and scheduled so they go live when you are in stock or during peak periods
- Customize the promotion message according to your marketing strategy (For example, Get 2 for the price of 1!; BOGO Free!; Buy one get one free this Diwali, Hurry!)
Once your promotion is created and launched the final result will look something like this:
Target loyal customers
Identifying loyal customers is a tricky task but not altogether impossible; at least not with the help of ecommerce enabler Browntape Technologies. Besides multi-channel order and inventory management services, Browntape offers sellers sales reports with customer details in a CSV file (MS Excel sheet) format. The downloadable file collects the names, contacts and purchase details of customers who have bought from you over time.
Once you have your list or database of repeat buyers you can communicate with them directly by:
- Sending them texts and emails with discount codes for their next purchases (Avoid daily promotional blasts. Instead send your promotions during the festive season, sales periods, when you launch a new product, etc.).
- Thanking theses customers through messages after you receive a purchase from them. It adds a touch of personalisation to your retail service and customers will certainly look you up the next time they want similar goods. (This can also be done for new customers).
- Requesting them for feedback and reviews. Should you receive negative feedback or reviews you can communicate with the customer directly and ease the impact of the issue by directing them to opt for a product exchange.
Captivate with freebies
You can offer freebies too along with your products to entice serial (multiple) purchases. Free add-ons make customers not only consider you more, but could also be an indicator of how seriously you take your goods.
If you sell bags add a pouch as a freebee. This accessory is perfect for everyday use to keep makeup and other essentials aside and readily accessible for use. It also adds value to the main product.
If you sell pure leather items include a useful freebie like polish, special cleaning cloth and/or leather safe cleaner. This shows your commitment to your product quality even after it leaves your warehouse.
Amazon is one online marketplace that does not request the listing of freebie goods on its platform. This gives you the liberty of changing your freebie offer as and when you like.
Once you master the above, you could try other techniques like announcing offers through product images, maintaining competitive prices and offering customers strong after-sales support.
If you’ve tried any of these methods before, let us know how they worked for you. We’d like to hear about your list as well through the comments section below.