eBay India announced on April 6, they would introduce changes to a variety of product categories. These alterations will become effective from the 17th of May 2016.
The changes are a result of feedback accumulated from members and eBay thanked them for their valuable feedback. Through the new modifications navigation will be smoother and easier than before. It will initiate a much better browsing experience for buyers, which in turn will enable online sellers to improve sales.
By moving to a flatter category structure, sellers will be able to
- list quickly and efficiently
- provide a better buyer experience
- automatically move listings/inventory to new categories
What will the category changes include?
eBay plans on introducing the following category changes:
- Renaming of categories
- Adding brand new subcategories
- Combining multiple subcategories
- Moving subcategories into more appropriate categories or groups
The marketplace has included a detailed list of the final category changes that will be made effective by the mid of May.
eBay is looking to improve its online retail experience for both online sellers and buyers. The announcement encourages community suggestions and promises to incorporate them into its system whenever appropriate.