The long Holiday weekend from 24th March to 27th March which comprises of Holi and Easter festivals has presented a great opportunity for ecommerce players and online sellers. Needless to say, the online retail sky is filled with discounts, sweets and vouchers.
If you missed the boat this time, don’t fret. There are plenty of opportunities waiting since we live in the land of festivals and celebrations. Provided etailers and online sellers create clever media strategies to increase sales during their next big sale.
Predictive approach to identify buyer’s purchase pattern
Recently, Brand Equity invited media aspirants to share their ideas on how to use media effectively during online sales season without harping on discounts.
Some of the suggestions for ecommerce players are:
- Tracking buyers’ past purchases to analyze their taste and recommend products accordingly
- Release teasers and mystery campaigns days before the actual sales event starts and generate buzz
- Use plug-ins to inform about upcoming sales, abandoned cart notifications & clearing and wish-list fulfillment & sharing on social media platforms
- Involve real buyers in marketing campaigns to improve quality of engagement
- Use right content and the right media platform (TV) to reach out to tier 2 and 3 cities
- Invest in banner ads to target net-savvy buyers
- Reward consumer loyalty
Media strategies designed keeping regional buyers in mind imperative
“There’s a high skew towards creating strategies for primarily Hindi speaking consumers. There’s a huge market that doesn’t connect to that language and pop-culture references linked to it,” said Kartik Sharma, MD – Maxus South Asia.
Positive sign is that most of the ecommerce players are already doing some of the things mentioned above. Flipkart’s native advertising is already helping online sellers to increase its sales while generating good ROI.
Amazon, Shopclues and Flipkart’s localized and engaging ad campaigns are already talk of the town. High-tech technology is also helping etailers to introduce predictive shopping features and deliver finest shopping experience.
Online sellers, let us know what you have in store for upcoming sale events and how you plan to market your online business?