So we have heard and seen the facts and figures involved in the Flipkart-Myntra deal.
So we know the recent funding Snapdeal received.
So we know Amazon and Flipkart are on edges to be the winner in the e-commerce race in terms of no.of products sold, no.of product categories and so on.
So we know .. a lot more facts like those above.
But its not just these nail-biting, pressure increasing facts (OK maybe only Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal experience these! ), e-commerce has some fun facts too. Have a look, don’t be surprised if some figures bowl you over ! (Source: yourstory)
Myntra (Acquired by Flipkart)
- It is ½ the size of Shoppers Stop, making it amongst the top 10 fashion retailers in India
- 500+ fashions across 30,000+ different styles – largest collection of fashion / lifestyle products in India
- 8,000+ pin codes serviced with over 10 million items shipped till date
- Sold products weighing 7 Boeing 747 jets in their last quarter
- Bed linen sold in the last quarter covers a one-way trip from India Gate to Taj Mahal
- More than 2000 different styles of lingerie are being retailed on Zivame
- 80%+ buyers are women, making it one of the largest catchment sites for women
- Takes under 3 hours to assemble every complex wardrobe on sale
- One of the largest cart sizes in Indian e-commerce, the average price of an item sold is INR 15,000+
- The most expensive item sold was a diamond ring worth INR 11 Lakhs
- Sold 300+ pieces of precious jewellery on Akshaya Tritiya
- Sells more than 100 carats of diamond every month
Do you know something that’s not been mentioned here? Do share with a comment or drop in an email and we would be happy to publish.