Although the final report is yet to be released, scheduled for next month, and results are still being collated, figures indicated by IAMAI’s research show that there are 2.5 crore online buyers in India today, out of 21.3 crore internet users. The Indian e-commerce industry grew by 33% last year clocking sales of Rs 62,967 compared to Rs 47,349 in 2012.
Reasons for growth of e-commerce
- Better and more internet penetration resulting in higher number of internet users
- Increase in trust level from customers
- Competitive pricing due to increase in number of players in the market
- More secure and convenient transaction systems
- 24 x 7 delivery system and more delivery options
- Lucrative deals and discounts
Opportunity for Indian Online Seller
Online shopping in India has been added to the list of favourite pastimes of people translating into more purchases across different product categories. Reluctant and hesitant shoppers have been won over with sellers’ commitment to quality and service.
Maintain your service levels and do not compromise on quality while adding to your product portfolio. E-commerce is here to stay and grow also facilitating the growth of sellers associated with it. With growing internet penetration and rising awareness of internet usage, more people will start using internet for their purchases.