Buildabazaar, which allows online sellers to easily setup their ecommerce store has announced that it has now become the largest SAAS ecommerce platform in the country. SaaS stands for ‘Software as a Service’ and involves providing working software which can be customized to its user’s need. Infibeam, one of the earliest ecommerce companies in the country, launched Buildabazaar.com roughly 2 years ago. The service allows online sellers to easily deploy a fully functional ecommerce store in exchange for a monthly fee, which is a similar model used by Shopify.
Since the software solution is already available, a SaaS company can charge a low monthly fee to many customers thus making ecommerce a viable proposition for a lot of sellers. Buildabazaar now has around 20,000 signups for its service from across India. It has a very convenient pricing plan and monthly charges range from Rs.1000 for its silver plans to Rs. 2500 for its Gold Plan. The service also has a Platinum plan for those businesses which have a large list of products and high volume of transactions. If a seller sells Infibeam products on their own Buildabazaar site, then the company gives the seller a commission.
The company is not alone in providing SaaS solutions for ecommerce. Notable among competitors are Shopify, Zepo.in, Martjack and others. Shopify has recently entered India and has partnered with Airtel to provide online sellers with interesting service options.
Why are SaaS Ecommerce tools important for online sellers?
1. SAAS tools like Buildabazaar and Shopify remove the barriers to entry for anyone who lacks the technical know how to setup and run an online store.
2. Their monthly pricing is very affordable for small businesses.
3. Sellers can customize the look of their online shops according to their tastes.\
4. Payment Gateway integration comes built in, along with category management, product listing, SEO optimization, custom shopping carts etc.
5. You can go online in less than a day!
Have you used a SaaS ecommerce solution for your ecommerce business? We would like to know how your experience has been. Please share it with us in the comments.