Snapdeal 2016 digital buying trends; Who bought the most from the etailer this year?

http://www.livemint.com/rf/Image-621x414/LiveMint/Period2/2016/09/12/Photos/Processed/Snapdeal-k2RC--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

2016 has almost come to a close and according to marketplace records, online shoppers from the Delhi-NCR have been shopping the most on Flipkart and Snapdeal.

Ecommerce major Flipkart revealed recently that the largest segment of shoppers on its platform were from Delhi-NCR. Its fellow ecommerce competitor, Snapdeal, also acknowledged that its biggest consumers come from the capital of the country.

Snapdeal’s consumer buying trends

The number three online marketplace in India recently announced its annual digital buying trends for 2016. In the announcement, it highlighted its consumer preferences and habits on the platform during the year.

Biggest shoppers on Snapdeal

According to Snapdeal sales records for 2016, the most online shopping metros in the country placed as follows –

#1 – Delhi NCR

#2 – Bangalore

#3 – Mumbai

Tier II cities and beyond contributed to 60% of sales on the marketplace. The remaining 40% of the annual sales came from Tier I cities and metros. In case of Tier I cities, Pune is in the lead this year, claims Snapdeal.

Preferred medium of shopping

With the rising use of smartphones by the general public, it appears that 82% of traffic came from Snapdeal’s mobile mediums, that is, its mobile website and app.

Gender preference

Among men, the most popular online retail category has been personal care and grooming. It witnessed a 58% increase in popularity among metro regions.

Currently, the etailer has one of the widest ranges of products on its platform. It also offers products across multiple categories to fulfill numerous online shopper requirements.

Snapdeal’s Senior VP, Vishal Chadha said, “We are rapidly expanding our assortment in line with the needs and expectations of our existing users and also to cater to the next 100 million online shoppers from across India.”

What the report from Snapdeal did not state was its growth this year. Experts claim that there wasn’t much this year until the festive season erupted. However, demonetisation turned the tables around for online marketplaces like Snapdeal, affecting growth rate.

In The News Marketplace Watch Snapdeal
Share OnShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

Leave a Reply